Building Information Modelling
IN2 is a BSi BIM Level 2 Certified Company. The practice’s resources include 12No. BIM specific technical staff, including modellers, coordinators and managers. All staff are committed to achieving excellence. IN2 has detailed documented procedures outlining how projects are to be carried out.
– Experienced, motivated Staff committed to excellent standards.
– Continuing training and assessment of staff
– Detailed documented procedures.
IN2 are fully committed to utilizing BIM during the full lifecycle of each of our projects. Effective BIM implementation helps avoid design alterations, while reducing risk and time re-working the scheme. The effective use of BIM enables the design team to resolve design problems such as service clashes before a project reaches site.
Further benefits include the generation of long-term maintenance cost plans for the completed building.
Benefits of using BIM:
- Added value to the client – clear understanding and visualisation of the building
- Added value on site – more intelligent construction information and linked data on demand
- Avoid problems – clash detection at early design stage
- Control building costs – live cost planning; review design changes and access accurate costing
- Understand running costs – compare building costs & energy requirements for different design options
- Avoid waste – ordering accurate quantities saves money and avoids waste
- Better planning – see the construction process virtually and monitor progress against programme
- Better management – locate all building data in a central database
- Speed of design – a quick and effective way to visualise the design and build sequence